Winter '08 Recipes
|Pork Spareribs Sinigang
1 kilo Pork Spareribs cut into segments
1 pack Instant Sinigang mix
2 pcs. Red Onions, sliced
2 pcs. Fresh Tomatoes, sliced
1 pc. Radish, sliced
1 pc Eggplant, sliced, soaked in water to prevent discoloration.
2 pcs. Tuber (gabi), peeled, quartered
3 pods Six-Foot beans or String beans (sitaw), 3-inch slices
1 bunch water Spinach (kangkong), leaves torn, stalks 3-inch
8 pcs. Okra, small
1 pc. Green chili, large (optional)
2 Tbsp. Pamana Vegetable oil
Salt and Pepper
- • In a pot, sear the rib segments in oil until
brownish in color. Add the onions and fresh tomato
• Cover the seared ribs with water and add the
sinigang mix and the Tuber. Boil the ribs and tuber
on medium low heat until tender.
• Remove the ribs from the broth and place them in a
serving bowl. Cover the bowl to prevent the ribs
from drying out.
• Boil the radish slices and okra in the sinigang
broth. Add the eggplant and string beans after 5
minutes. Cook for another 3 minutes. Turn off the
heat and add the water spinach. Cover the pot for 1
• Arrange the cooked vegetables in the bowl with the
cooked rib segments. Simmer the broth while mashing
the tuber. Add salt if needed but not too much. Pour
the hot broth in the serving bowl.
• Serve piping hot and with fish sauce on the side.
1 kilo Porkloin cut into 3-inch cubes
500 ml canned Tomato sauce
1 large Red onion, roughly chopped
5 cloves Garlic, peeled, sliced thinly
1 pc medium Carrot, sliced diagonally
10 pcs. Marble Potatoes, fried
5 pcs. Saba bananas, sliced diagonally, fried
1/2 cup canned Chickpeas, drained
1 pc large Green Bell pepper, sliced into 2- inch squares
1 pc small Cabbage head, quartered
10 pcs. String beans (Baguio beans)
1 Tbsp. Paprika powder
1/4 cup fresh Cilantro
1 Tbsp. Salt
1/2 tsp ground black Pepper
2 Tbsp. Pamana Vegetable oil
- • In a pot, sauté the garlic and onions in oil.
Add the porkloin cubes and sear until brownish in
• Cover the porkloin cubes with water. Add the
tomato sauce, salt, pepper and paprika powder. Cook
until fork tender.
• Add the carrots and cook for another 5 minutes.
Add the string beans, chickpeas, bell peppers,
cabbage and cilantro. Cook for another 3 minutes.
The sauce should not be thick or runny.
• Serve hot in a serving bowl with fried marble
potatoes and fried Saba bananas on the side.
|Peking Duck style Turkey
2 cups shredded Turkey meat (roasted Turkey left-over)
1 cup Turkey skin slices (roasted Turkey left-over), fried, well
1 bunch spring onions, cleaned, 2-inch cuts
1/4 cup honey
12 pcs Chinese pancakes or Mandarin crepes
1/2 cup bottled Hoisin sauce
1 tsp Sesame oil
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp 5 spice powder (optional)
- • Place shredded turkey meat in a ceramic bowl
and season with salt, sesame oil and 5 spice powder.
Steam for 10 minutes.
• Arrange steamed turkey meat, turkey skin, spring
onions and pancakes on a serving platter. Place
Hoisin sauce in a separate bowl. ( The guests will
help themselves to make the roll)
• Arrange turkey meat shreds, turkey skin dipped in
honey, spring onions, Hoisin sauce on a Chinese
pancake and make miniature rolls. Perfect as an
|• It's Back-to-School at Seafood City!
• Seafood City North Hills NOW OPEN