Handmade Noodle Pancit with Lamb Adobo
The handmade noodles are definitely the star of this recipe. Making the pancit (Filipino for noodles) from scratch definitely involves more skill and effort, but the little extra work makes this dish so totally worth it. These slightly chewy noodles mixed in with sautéed vegetables and topped with your leftover adobo sauce are perfect as a meal or heavy snack.
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda, baked
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, minced
- vegetables of your choice, julienned or sliced into strips
- 1 cup leftover lamb adobo sauce or PAMANA Adobo Mix
- 1 tbsp butter
- Spread baking soda on a sheet pan and bake at 250°F for one hour.
- Dissolve the baked baking soda in warm water.
- Place the bread flour in a stand mixer with a dough hook.
- Add water and egg to the flour.
- Mix on low-medium speed for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the dough and finish kneading it by hand for another 3-5 minutes.
- Shape the dough into a ball and wrap in plastic. Let it rest for one hour.
- Take the dough and using a rolling pin, flatten it out into a sheet.
- You can continue to roll the pasta by hand using a rolling pin or you can use the sheeter attachment on your mixer until the pasta sheet has reached the desired thickness of 2mm.
- Fold the pasta sheet like a trifold, and using a sharp knife, cut into thin long strips of noodles.
- Dust the strips of noodles with flour while tossing to prevent them from sticking together.
- Set aside while you work on the sauce.
- In a large pot, bring 2 quarts (8 cups) of water to a boil.
- Add the fresh pancit noodles and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, so the noodles do not to stick together.
- You may also use PAMANA Pancit Canton in place of Handmade Noodles.
- In a pan, heat oil and sauté onions and garlic over medium-low heat.
- Add veggies, leftover lamb adobo sauce or PAMANA Adobo Mix and butter.
- Take the pancit noodles out of the pot, strain and immediately toss it into the pan. Mix until the sauce fully coats the noodles. Cook together for 1 minute.
- Plate and garnish with fresh radish, cilantro, scallion, and calamansi or lemon.