Sizzling Bangus Sisig & Garlic Aligue Fried Rice
Put some sizzle to your Filipino staples with these delicious crowd-pleasers! This version of Pampanga sisig puts a spotlight on the milkfish or bangus instead of the traditional pork. Accompanying it is Filipino favorite garlic fried rice made even richer and more flavorful with sautéed aligue or the roe of talangka (shore crab).
- 1 unseasoned boneless bangus
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup Japanese mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup PAMANA vinegar
- 1/4 cup PAMANA calamansi seasoning
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 1 egg
- rice (preferably cold, day-old rice)
- aligue (crab fat)
- garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- PAMANA calamansi seasoning
- scallions, minced (for garnish)
- Season the bangus with salt and pepper. In a pan, heat oil over medium heat and deep-fry the bangus until nicely browned and crispy. Once fried, place the bangus in a paper towel-lined plate and set aside. You can also bake with olive oil at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar and calamansi (if fresh calamansi is not available, use fresh lemon or PAMANA Calamansi Seasoning).
- Add in diced onions and save the rest for garnish.
- Chop the fried bangus and mix together with the other ingredients in the bowl.
- Heat the sizzling plate and melt the butter for a richer flavor (optional).
- Scoop the bangus sisig onto the sizzling plate. Top with onions, scallions, fried egg, and chili, and serve with a wedge of lemon.
- In a lightly-oiled skillet, melt some butter and cook the garlic in low heat to slowly infuse the oil with flavor before it turns crispy and lightly browned. Remove the fried garlic and set aside for garnish.
- Add the leftover rice and cook over medium to high heat, mixing and tossing, until heated through.
- Stir in the crab aligue until it fully coats the rice.
- Season with salt, pepper, and PAMANA calamansi seasoning.
- Mix everything together until all the flavors are fully incorporated.
- Serve with scallions and bits of crispy garlic on top.