An absolutely yummazing treat that highlights the Filipino ube or purple yam! It’s inspired by the classic ube halaya jam that’s been delightfully tweaked and turned into a pudding, then mixed in with crunchy Graham cracker bits, sweet creamy macapuno strips and nutty toasted pinipig.
The use of natural dehydrated ube and purple yam powder lends this ooey-gooey concoction that authentic ube taste that’s distinctly Filipino.
For the Ube Paste
- 10g dehydrated ube
- 10g Purple Yam powder
- 120g PAMANA Coconut Milk
- 200g Condensed Milk
- 360g Milk, full cream
- 150g, Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 100g Cream Cheese, softened
- 300g Whipped cream
- Graham crackers
- PAMANA Macapuno
- PAMANA Pinipig, roasted
- Combine the dehydrated ube, purple yam powder and coconut milk in a pot and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 5 minutes until thickened.
- Put the mixture in a bowl and let it cool down to room temperature in a chiller or freezer.
- Once cooled, add this into the chilled mixture of condensed milk, full cream milk, and vanilla pudding.
- Using your handheld blender with the whisk attachment, mix all the ingredients until smooth and the right consistency is achieved.
- Add the cream cheese and continue mixing until smooth.
- Using a spatula, slowly fold in the whipped cream, being careful not to let it lose aeration and collapse.
- Fold in graham crackers, macapuno (young coconut cooked in syrup) and roasted pinipig.
- Chill in the fridge overnight.