Adobo sa Gata
Switch up your adobo repertoire with gata or coconut milk, a traditional Filipino ingredient commonly associated with Bicol cuisine. Pouring this into the pot as a final ingredient lends the dish a rich, creamy flavor. This Seafood City version of the recipe takes even more inspiration from Bicolano cooking – it also includes chillies for a hit of spice.
Making this recipe? Show us and share it on social media with #SeafoodCityCooks.
- 1 lb pork ribs
- 5 cloves garlic – crushed
- Whole peppercorns
- 1 onion – sliced
- Bay leaves
- Thai chillies
- Coconut cream
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp oil
- Add oil to a hot pan.
- Add garlic, onion, and ginger.
- Add peppercorns and chillies. Then set aside.
- Season pork ribs with salt and pepper.
- In a hot pan, add pork ribs. Cook until lightly browned.
- Add the sauteed ingredients back in.
- Pour vinegar.
- Pour soy sauce.
- Pour stock.
- Pour coconut cream.
- Simmer until the meat is tender.