In the old days, anything imported was served on the Filipino holiday table—the ham, the fruits, the chocolates. The Philippine fruit salad continues that Christmas tradition of using imported canned fruit cocktail even with good fresh fruits available year-round. But some recent versions have given the salad a Filipino touch. Canned fruit cocktail now use Filipino fruits and other decidedly Filipino food products like kaong, the seed from the sugar palm tree.
Making this recipe? Show us and share it on social media with #SeafoodCityCooks.
- 1 can PAMANA Fruit Cocktail in Syrup
- 2 cans Nestlé Table Cream
- 1 can Jans Sweet Cow Condensed Milk
- 1 can PAMANA Pineapple Slices; drained
- 1 can PAMANA Kaong White
- 1 pack PAMANA Coconut Shredded
- In a large bowl with lid, combine table cream and condensed milk, mix well.
- Open PAMANA Fruit Cocktail in Syrup can, separate the juice. Add the cocktail into the cream mixture.
- Cut PAMANA Pineapple Slices into cubes. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Cover the bowl with lid or cling wrap. Chill for 4 hours before serving.