Longanisa Fried Rice
What do you get when you combine longganisa, rice, and eggs? The ultimate Pinoy breakfast. Traditionally served separately on a single plate, these three elements are what make up the iconic longsilog. Follow this Seafood City recipe for a fried rice version of this well-loved classic and discover the magic that happens when three become one.
Making this recipe? Show us and share it on social media with #SeafoodCityCooks.
- 1 pack Pamana Pork Longganisa
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp pepper – crushed
- 3 tsp garlic – crushed
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 3 tbsp margarine
- Using scissors, cut slits down the side of each longganisa. Remove the filling from each and add to a bowl. Set aside.
- Add margarine to a hot pan.
- Add garlic.
- Add the pork longganisa fillings.
- Add the cooked rice.
- Mix to distribute ingredients evenly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Clear a small space in the middle of the pan. Add the two eggs in.
- With a wooden spoon, stir the eggs to scramble them.
- When the eggs are cooked, mix with the rice to distribute evenly.