No-Cook Microwave Afritada
No stove? No problem. As long as you have a microwave, a large mug, and a craving for Afritada, you can make this easy single serve recipe. Afritada is one of the four most common tomato-based Filipino stews – the other three being Kaldereta, Menudo, and Mechado. They’re also famously confused with each other. So while your mug is in the microwave, check out the Twitter thread that attempts to clear it all up.
Making this recipe? Show us and share it on social media with #SeafoodCityCooks.
- 1/4 cup potatoes – cubed
- 1/4 cup carrots – cubed
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 1 pack Pamana Afritada mix
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup chicken breast – cubed
- 1/8 cup bell pepper – cubed
- 1/8 cup onion – cubed
- 1/8 cup green peas
- 1 large mug
- Stir the pack of Pamana Afritada Mix in water until dissolved. Set aside.
- Pour oil and onions in a large mug.
- Seal with plastic wrap and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Pour the Afritada mixture, carrots, potatoes, bell peppers, and green peas into the mug.
- Seal with plastic wrap then use a knife to poke holes in the cover. Microwave for 2 minutes.
- When finished, remove plastic wrap and stir ingredients.
- Add chicken into the mug.
- Seal with plastic wrap then microwave for another 2 minutes