Pork Sinigang sa Mangga
No two Sinigang recipes are exactly alike. Everyone who cooks it or eats it has their own preference for the kind of souring agent used and at what intensity. Seafood City’s version of the recipe packs a one-two punch of sourness thanks to the Pamana Sinigang sa Sampalok mix as well as the famously face-contorting fruit, green mango.
Making this recipe? Show us and share it on social media with #SeafoodCityCooks.
- 1/4 lb Kangkong leaves
- 1/4 lb Long beans – cut to 2 inch lengths
- 6 pcs Gabi (Taro) – peeled
- 1 green mango – seeded and sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 pcs tomatoes – quartered
- 1 medium sized onion – sliced
- 1 pack Pamana Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix
- 10 cups water
- 2 lbs pork ribs
- In a large pot, add water and Pamana Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix. Stir until dissolved.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add pork.
- Add gabi, onions, tomatoes, long beans, green mangoes, and kangkong.
- Simmer at medium heat until tender.