The Filipino Food Channel
Adobo sa Gata
Switch up your adobo repertoire with gata or coconut milk, a traditional Filipino ingredient commonly associated with Bicol cuisine. Pouring this into the pot as a final ingredient lends the dish a rich, creamy flavor. This Seafood City version of the recipe takes even more inspiration from Bicolano cooking – it also includes chillies for a hit of spice.
Making this recipe? Show us and share it on social media with #SeafoodCityCooks.
Servings: 3-4 persons
- 3 tbsp oil
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, sliced
- ginger, thinly sliced
- whole peppercorns
- bay leaves
- Thai chilies
- 1 lb pork ribs
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup vinegar
- coconut cream
- Pour oil into a hot pan.
- Sauté the garlic, onions and ginger.
- Add peppercorns, bay leaves and chilies. Then set aside.
- Season pork ribs with salt and pepper.
- In a separate hot pan, cook the pork ribs until lightly browned.
- Add the sautéed ingredients back in.
- Season with soy sauce.
- Add in the vinegar.
- Pour in the stock and coconut cream.
- Simmer until the meat is tender.