The Filipino Food Channel
Bistek sa Pina
Thin slices of beef, soft rings of onions, the zing of calamansi – these are the defining elements of a classic Bistek Tagalog. Here you’ll find Seafood City’s version of the recipe, using Pamana Bistek Mix as a shortcut to the savory soy and peppery flavors. This rendition also uses pineapple, for added tropical feels.
Making this recipe? Show us and share it on social media with #SeafoodCityCooks.
Servings: 3-4 persons
- 1 pack Pamana Bistek Mix
- 1 1/2 thinly sliced beef sirloin
- 1 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic - crushed
- 1 cup onion rings
- 1 cup pineapple - chopped
- Add 1/3 of the Pamana mix to the beef. Distribute evenly over the meat.
- Leave to marinate.
- Add the remaining Pamana mix to the water. Stir until dissolved.
- Pour oil into a hot pan.
- Add the beef and cook until lightly browned.
- Add in garlic, onions and pineapple.
- Pour in Pamana mixture.
- Simmer until tender.