The Filipino Food Channel
The American touch to the Filipino celebratory noodles is this Chicken Macaroni salad. Its richness comes from the dressing, the combination of mayonnaise, condensed milk, and cheddar cheese. Raisins and pineapple not only add color but also contribute sweet and tangy flavors.
Making this recipe? Show us and share it on social media with #SeafoodCityCooks.
Servings: 10-12 persons
- 1/4 lb skinless chicken; cut into strips
- 1 medium size onion
- 1 pack PAGASA Elbow Macaroni
- 1/4 cup Jans Sweet Cow Condensed Milk
- 2 1/2 cup Best Foods Real Mayo
- 1 can PAMANA Pineapple Slices; drained and cut into cubes
- 2 cups carrots
- 1 pack Sunmaid Raisins Bag
- 1/2 cup Kraft Cheddar Cheese Easy Open Can
- 1 stick celery (optional)
- Bring the onions and chicken to a boil. Cook thoroughly then cut the chicken into strips once it’s tender.
- Cook the elbow macaroni according to package directions.
- Use the boiled water from the elbow macaroni to blanch the carrots.
- Mix together condensed milk and elbow macaroni while still warm.
- Let the macaroni pasta cool down before adding mayo.
- Add in the PAMANA Pineapple Slices, chicken, carrots, raisins, cheese, and celery.
- Mix until all the ingredients are well combined. Serve.