The Filipino Food Channel
In the old days, anything imported was served on the Filipino holiday table—the ham, the fruits, the chocolates. The Philippine fruit salad continues that Christmas tradition of using imported canned fruit cocktail even with good fresh fruits available year-round. But some recent versions have given the salad a Filipino touch. Canned fruit cocktail now use Filipino fruits and other decidedly Filipino food products like kaong, the seed from the sugar palm tree.
Making this recipe? Show us and share it on social media with #SeafoodCityCooks.
Servings: 10-12 persons
- 2 cans Nestlé Table Cream
- 1 can Jans Sweet Cow Condensed Milk
- 1 can PAMANA Fruit Cocktail in Syrup
- 1 can PAMANA Pineapple Slices; drained
- 1 can PAMANA Kaong White
- 1 pack PAMANA Coconut Shredded
- In a large bowl, mix together table cream and condensed milk.
- Open the PAMANA Fruit Cocktail in Syrup can and separate the juice. Add the fruit cocktail to the cream mixture.
- Cut the PAMANA Pineapple Slices into cubes and add to the rest of the ingredients. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Cover the bowl with a lid or cling wrap. Chill for 4 hours before serving.