The Filipino Food Channel
Longanisa Fried Rice
What do you get when you combine longganisa, rice, and eggs? The ultimate Pinoy breakfast. Traditionally served separately on a single plate, these three elements are what make up the iconic longsilog. Follow this Seafood City recipe for a fried rice version of this well-loved classic and discover the magic that happens when three become one.
Making this recipe? Show us and share it on social media with #SeafoodCityCooks.
Servings: 3-4 persons
- 1 pack Pamana Pork Longganisa
- 3 tbsp margarine
- 3 tsp garlic - crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 eggs
- Using scissors, cut slits down the side of each longganisa. Remove the
- Using a pair of scissors, cut slits down the side of each longganisa. Remove the filling from each and place in a bowl. Set aside.
- Add margarine to a hot pan.
- Sauté the garlic until slightly golden.
- Add in the pork longganisa fillings and cook until browned.
- Add in the cooked rice, making sure to mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Clear a small space in the middle of the pan. Add the two eggs in.
- With a wooden spoon, stir the eggs to scramble them.
- When the eggs are cooked, mix with the rest of the ingredients until fully incorporated.