The Filipino Food Channel
There are as many adobo recipes as there are lolas and each one has as special a place in our hearts. While there’s no such thing as a definitive adobo recipe, here you’ll find Seafood City’s version. It uses Pamana Adobo Mix to give you a fast pass to the flavors typically associated with the dish – savory soy sauce and a deliciously sour sting of vinegar. However you choose to cook your adobo, remember to serve it with steaming hot white rice.
Making this recipe? Show us and share it on social media with #SeafoodCityCooks.
Servings: 3-4 persons
- 1 pack Pamana Adobo Mix
- 1 1/4 cup water
- whole peppercorns
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 lb pork ribs
- 5 cloves garlic – crushed
- Thai chillies
- bay leaves
- Stir the pack of Pamana Adobo Mix in water until fully dissolved.
- Season pork ribs with salt and pepper.
- Pour oil into a hot pan.
- Add the pork ribs and cook until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Using the same pan, sauté the garlic and chilies.
- Add back the browned pork ribs.
- Add in peppercorns and bay leaves.
- Pour in the Pamana Adobo mixture.
- Simmer until tender.