The Filipino Food Channel
Pork Sinigang sa Mangga
No two Sinigang recipes are exactly alike. Everyone who cooks it or eats it has their own preference for the kind of souring agent used and at what intensity. Seafood City’s version of the recipe packs a one-two punch of sourness thanks to the Pamana Sinigang sa Sampalok mix as well as the famously face-contorting fruit, green mango.
Making this recipe? Show us and share it on social media with #SeafoodCityCooks.
Servings: 3-4 persons
- 1 pack Pamana Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix
- 10 cups water
- 2 lbs pork ribs
- 6 pcs gabi (taro), peeled
- 1 medium sized onion, sliced
- 2 pcs tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 lb long beans, cut to 2 inch lengths
- 1 green mango, seeded and sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 lb kangkong leaves
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot, add water and Pamana Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix. Stir until dissolved.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add in the pork.
- Add in the gabi, onions, tomatoes, green mangoes, long beans and kangkong.
- Simmer over medium heat until tender.